the agency for directions to the interview site, if you at all uncertain
about the location.
- Review your application and background statement. Be familiar with
key aspects of your education, job history, and driving record.
- Research the DepartmentóDo youíre homework! Talk with some law enforcement
- "Ride-a-longs" and facility tours can be most informative.
- Get a good nightís sleep. You will need it.
- Look sharp. Dress professionally. Select a conservative suit of clothing.
- Minimize jewelry.
- Be able to clearly and convincingly state your interest in law enforcement.
- Prepare a few relevant questions to ask the Oral Interview Board.
This conveys your genuine interest and preparation.
- Arrive at least 1/2 hour early.
- Anticipate key interview questions & practice answering them with
family member or friend.
- Be willing to ask that questions be repeated or clarified if you donít
- Relate to interviewers in confident, courteous, and respectful fashion.
CONTACT DR. HART TODAY TO SCHEDULE A COACHING SESSION
Phone: (804) 353-6700 (press #1)